When to send an athlete to the hospital ?
Whilst there are a number of injuries that can be monitored and the athlete returns back to play, there can be life threatening injuries where medical professionals are needed hence there is need to call an ambulance.
When to call an ambulance
- When you suspect a neck or spine injury
- The athlete may have loss of sensation or unable to move body parts.
- When an athlete is not breathing
- When an athlete is bluish in colour, and there is no air exchange
- When you suspect a severe or serious head injury
- When you suspect a heat stroke
- Severe bleeding
- Cardiac arrest
- You are unsure of the extent of the injury #Play it safe.