Childhood corresponds to a period of great change
- Physiological level
As for the morphology, the development of other components (main function) is not linear.
The systems which ensure the development of the child develop
- at specific moments
- not simultaneously.
Phases of maximum development are called:« Sensitive Phases »
Impact of different systems on the athlete’s main abilities
- All forms of Coordination
- Thought / Understanding
- On the development of all the systems
- Strength Development
Cardio respiratory and Circulatory System
- Aerobic development (Vo2 max)
Sensitive development window in young athletes girls
Sensitive development window in young athletes boys
- For 6 – 7-year-old children the IAAF proposes a specific event-based exercise to develop frequency(eg: Speed Ladder).
- Coaches who apply this skill exercise/event therefore will make the most of the« sensitive phase » Speed Window 1 to develop the child’s neuromuscular speed.